Monday, March 19, 2012

Body Breakdowns

My mom just got diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease, which affects the thyroid and my dad just started taking thyroid medication as well.  I don't know how I'll handle the breakdown of my body as I age.  My plan is to prevent whatever I can prevent and then at least I won't feel guilty if I get something that's self inflicted. 

Great progress!
This week I did a Sprint 8 and ended at 12 on the treadmill.  I think I can do more intervals at 12 next time.  It's so intense to be running so fully and to feel my body breaking free like that.  Today I did a half hour medium run because I could still feel my muscles hurting from my Saturday workout and my legs felt like lead.  I ran at about 7 the whole time and just listened to my music, pretended to play the guitar when "Harder and Harder to Breathe" by Maroon 5 came on (love that guitar part) and envisioned myself as Christina Aguilera and sang "Fighter" to myself which is my all time favorite motivational song.  




No comments:

Post a Comment