Monday, April 2, 2012

"lap dog" of the chicken world

White Bantam Silkie Chicken - weighs only one pound
 I just ordered 15 baby chicks of these kinds of chickens and I only want hens, but I have a 50% chance of getting roosters.   My friend Cynthia got 4 baby chicks they named Goldielocks and the Three Bears when we were living in Pittsburgh.   Two of the "bears" turned out to be Roosters so they just dropped them off in some random wooded area and left them to fend for themselves.  Is that what people really do with their roosters? I definitely do not want a million roosters crowing all day and night so, what do I do with the fluffy, darling roosters? Eat them? Sell them? Give them up for free or leave them to be devoured by the many predatory animals we have around our new farm? You know this is the cutest creature you've ever seen, but who wants a rooster?

No comments:

Post a Comment