Saturday, June 1, 2013

Last minute 10K

At the finish line
Justin and I along with our brother-in-law, Garrett did an XTerra trail race today.  Justin and I did the 10K while Garrett did the half marathon.   I got 6th place which wasn't so great because there were only 11 women competing in my race.  I didn't train at all for this race and I wasn't feeling strong at all, so I kind of wimped out.  My time was 58 min and I got passed by a lot of people.  The terrain was hilly and technical, which made it really fun, but I basically jogged and didn't have an ounce of power in my weak lead legs.  Not sure what happened, but it was fun anyhow!  Thanks Garrett for inviting us to run with you!   

The best part of the day was going to the spa and lunch afterward for a few hours.  I napped and relaxed and then we had a delicious gourmet lunch.  Then we rushed home to grab the kids for a campfire cookout up Big Cottonwood canyon with the Bradshaw family.  I think I can say I lived my life to the fullest today. No regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment