Friday, July 20, 2012

Joy

Big Buck right before he hopped away

Working on the farm makes me feel joy.  I spent some time observing my chickens, checking on the tomatoes and squash out in our field, eating raspberries, picking mint and lavender for my kitchen and cleaning chicken poop off of the concrete.  Sound fabulous? I even saw a giant buck in my yard with very large velvety antlers.  It was spectacular!
Gorgeous view from the bottom of our driveway

Uncle Will helping Henry with the money and teaching Henry about business

Henry getting his first quarter from Grandpa

Henry's post.  He got quite a workout trying to get people to stop and buy lemonade
Today we made a lemonade stand and Henry, with the help of uncle Will and Papi, made about 25 dollars.  Our lemonade was really good and people usually paid us at least a dollar to three dollars even though we were only charging 25 cents.  It was awesome.
Giving my girls a bath.  They haven't had one in over a week.  Gross!

Lucy Came Home!

The Family

Then my sister, Lucy, came home from her mission!!! We all went out to dinner together with both my mom's side and dad's side of the family and the evening was predictably very quiet with almost no conversation across the table.  Good thing my kids were there to liven things up a bit.  Henry even pulled out some money to pay for his own dessert since no one wanted it.  He ended up getting it for free, of course, but he feels really good about his earnings for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment